There are few homes in Mississippi with the grandeur and historical significance that The Priestley Home offers. Located a block south of the center of Canton, this revived beauty offers four stately bedrooms, four bathrooms, a formal dining room, music room, parlor, library, office, sleeping porch, pool, terrace and greenhouse, all in peak condition. Built by Dr. James Priestley in 1852, the original house consisted of the front porch, the grand staircase and four rooms. Various rooms and wings were added throughout the years, including an office, the current library and an examining room for Dr. Priestley (which is now the kitchen). Later additions completed in 1915 included bathrooms, incorporating the kitchen, which had been detached, and a dining room. The current owner has meticulously restored the home to its original splendor, both structurally and cosmetically, going as far as to seek out historically correct hardware and to retrieve the original dining room doors. New piers and a steel beam foundation have been added. Floors, walls and ceilings were replaced and windows were repaired and a long life metal roof was added. Today the home is a classical masterpiece. The grand staircase has been restored, the wide front porch gleams and the relaxing screened sunroom provides the perfect spot for year-round entertaining. The owner has brought back the richness of the home with numerous bookcases and ceilings accented with gilded wallpaper. Each bedroom is spacious and features a working fireplace and abundant closet space. Bathrooms feature clawfoot tubs, separate walk-in showers and varnished wainscot walls. The period kitchen offers today's modern amenities, while keeping a nod to the fundamental style of the home. The landscaped grounds cover an acre and feature lush flowerbeds, regional perennials and mature hardwoods. An established herb garden is located off of the kitchen.